Thursday, November 09, 2006

wind from dreams

last night i dreamt a windy dream

a cool night wind balloning from my
dreamy sleep.

stirring the bedspreads
and even my childrens night shirt a little

lifting the curtains even.

i am left with just snatches of my dream

but the wind was blowing so vividly.

that i can still feel pleasant mountain air

we were living in hills and valleys

and there were pretty wooden fences

my neighbours (from once upon a time)

were calling out

their faces happy though sleep-veiled

their tresses unruly

and the wind

carrying their happy voices to the valleys and behold

and i felt so light.

suddenly after so many months

standing there in the wind

and i remember

a sudden realisation when i woke up

i must be terrible unhappy otherwise

so angels, send me more windy dreams

make me smile in my sleep

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it must be the sea breeze dear.:)

Danny

maya varghese said...

i sleep with the windows closed.

Anonymous said...

then it mus have been the ceiling fan

maya varghese said...

no. angels fan me in my sleep