Thursday, March 23, 2006

#shifting

i dont want to give up my
orange window curtains
they are pale, their colour run out
still i recollect
one rainy day i bought them
home and hung them in the drawing room
and the naughty things
they did to the simple sun streaming in
i want to keep my dining table
and my stainless steel thalis
i want my coffee mugs
yeah one is blue and another green
but they are mine
i picked them
i keep them
now you tell me we have to shift homes
and i have to leave behind our matresses
the ones our children wet
as infants
and my creaky cupboards
i want my kitchen
with my dosa mix all risen
and coconut shells
i want that round musty carpet
its got patches here and there
but i bought it as a new bride
i want my blue glass vase and
the drooping plastic flowers
i want to carry the lawn gone wild
and my washing stone
i want that place under stairs
where i keep all my slippers
i want to hold on to the worn out cushions
with some their little mirror work gone

2 comments:

:-) said...

Good one "and the naughty things
they did to the simple sun streaming in" :-)

Anonymous said...

The mattresses ur children wet and u did tht too!!??
R.