Saturday, May 18, 2019

Death Upgraded!


Death upgraded.
He rides the Yamaha 350, red and silver.
Looks twenty. Is stylish. But knocked me over.
For a second I lay on the road,
Admired the unbearable blue of the sky
Like I saw it for the first time,

Disco lights of the afternoon sun, through the canopy of leaves, the  colours of the market
 Evoked a new longing in me to get back to life,

Life was truly a blessing, I thought
Need to watch our precious flame of life
For it's a gift . And lying in the middle of the road
Just seconds away from being crushed.
I knew, it was the only gift we need.
All the rest was so infinitely miniscule compared to the richness
Of just being.

And the night before.in my dream
Jesus came home to stay.
I found him at the door,and he strode purposefully upstairs.
Have come to stay. Have To watch over you.
As I changed the sheets in the guest room
I remember being perplexed in my dream
Shouldn't he be at church?
But looking at his face, his love shone through
Burnt through my dream , my sub conscious
Blanketing me  forever.

Now as I  lay helpless , the traffic a ferocious  river around me,
My dream skimmed by and I heaved and sprung back,
To life. Truly alive.grateful.

No comments: