Friday, June 09, 2006

#from a plane window







last week while flying Air deccan
i didn't sleep , i watched clouds instead

and wondered if they were souls of the dead
or that part of us that's light enough to rise really high

no its not easy for the whole of me to go that far
but in tinges, in spurts and small measures. yes

my sleeping infant soul, the part of me that prayed today
that day i could gve my gold bracelet away

the me when i fed a raving madman fish curry and rice
he , suddenly docile . like a lamb.

not the soul of yesterday night, in the pub
that will never float. would fall on its belly even if it tried.

clean thoughts will float iam sure
and love. selfless and true,all white. light.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The setting is lovely, the plane...especially the clouds in such a way that represents souls... it ... A lovely thought, such a detailed well-thought out picture.... keep going Maya.

maya varghese said...

harold,

Thanks so much for the visit.